We love Austin’s creeks and lakes and are excited to spread the word about preventing water pollution! Local artists painted storm drains around Austin with creek-themed designs as visual reminders that litter and pollutants wash through storm drains directly to our water. Enjoy the artwork, learn more, and help promote keeping our creeks and lakes clean!
- Visit the Painted Storm Drains and tag your shared photos with #creeklove to promote water quality protection.
- Check out information (below the images) about keeping Austin’s creeks and lakes clean!
Do Your Part!
- Let’s Can It, Austin – never leave trash or cigarette butts on the ground.
- Find out how to properly dispose of unwanted items.
- Build a rain garden to keep water on the land.
- Follow Grow Green tips for lawn care and gardens.
- When changing your vehicle’s motor oil, visit an earthly-friendly automotive shop or follow these guidelines to do it yourself.
- If you have a pet, Scoop the Poop!
- Figure out in which watersheds you live, work, and play, and learn more about the health of the water.
- Read Watershed Profiles (information on water quality, flood, and erosion) for your City Council District.
- Find out more about the Watershed Protection Department’s educational programs.
- Sign up to receive notices of the Watershed Protection Department’s educational classes and activities.